NHS 111




NHS 111 can help if you think you need medical help right now

You can get help from NHS 111:

NHS 111 Website


NHS 111 can direct you to the best place to get help if you cannot contact your GP during the day, or when your GP is closed (out-of-hours)

NHS 111 can also be used to book same-day appointments at local pharmacists, GPs and Urgent Care Centres, so you can get the right type of treatment

Depending on what you need, you might be advised to:

  • call 999 or go to A&E in an emergency
  • go to an urgent treatment centre
  • see an evening and weekend GP (out-of-hours GP)
  • book a callback from a nurse or doctor 
  • get urgent specialist support, for dental or mental health problems
  • contact your own GP surgery
  • see a pharmacist for help with a minor illness
  • look after yourself safely at home